Top 7 Health Benefits of Honey
Honey, undoubtedly, is a wonderful creation. It has been in use all across the globe for over 2,500 years. With multiple health benefits, honey has always been an integral part of the cultural diet and traditional medicines. Its superior taste and numerous health benefits make it extremely useful and versatile.
We have listed some health benefits here for you:-
1. Weight loss: A spoon of honey with warm water every morning helps to digest the fat stored in our body. If taken with lemon juice or cinnamon, it helps to increase the metabolism, which in turn reduces weight.
2. Cough remedy: Honey is a widely available traditional cough remedy. It soothes the nerve endings of a sore throat by coating it. Mixing up two teaspoons of honey with herbal tea or warm water and lemon is all it takes to create your own cough suppressant at home. Honey has the ability to relieve a cough more effectively than any other frequently used medicine.
3. Prevents Cancer: Honey is one of the few natural products with potential effects to suppress the development and progression of cancer. Honey has anticancer characteristics and can prove to be effective on liver, prostate and breast cancer. Increased Insulin resistance is commonly reported in cancer cases and honey is capable of reducing Insulin resistance.
4. Prevents heart diseases:Honey is very helpful in cardiovascular problems. Regular intake of honey improves one’s cardiovascular health as it lowers the blood risk factor and has highest antioxidant activities. It inhibits inflammation, improves function of the blood vessels and lowers blood lipids resulting in reduction of risk factors for heart diseases.
5. Proper blood sugar regulation: Honey contains simple sugar which is different from white sugar and artificial sweeteners. The sugar in honey is the exact combination of fructose and glucose which is a great help in proper regulation of blood sugar levels.
6. Source of energy: Honey is considered to be a quick and great source of energy. It contains approximately 64 calories per tablespoon which are way higher in comparison to sugar. The natural unprocessed sugar present in it gives our body a quick boost of energy.
7. Skin care: Honey is considered as the best natural skin moisturizer with some excellent nourishing properties which adds a glow to your skin. It is used for acne treatment and prevention too as it is naturally antibacterial.
Honey has several more health benefits which include relief from throat irritations, ulcer and gastrointestinal disorders. Keep yourself away from these health complications by including honey in your diet plan. Order a jar of pure organic honey from HOMEBURPS.COM, your online supermarket for regional Indian edibles and organic products.
Comments are closed