Should You Go Organic? You must!
What comes to your mind when you hear the term ‘organic’? If the terms flashing on your mind are anything related to ‘food’ or ‘farming’ then this article is for you!
Organic food, grown without the use of pesticides and genetically modified organisms, is free of artificial food additives. According to various research reports, it has been proven that it has higher nutritional value than the food grown using pesticides at farms. The absence of pesticides, fertilizers and genetically modified organisms makes it easy for the plants to boost their production and resistance to bugs. Opting for organic food is not only a direct vote for immediate health but also the need of the hour.
Here are the top reasons for you to go organic:
1. Better nutrition: According to research from independent organizations, organic products have higher level of Vitamin C, iron, magnesium and antioxidants which make them way more nutritious than the food grown using pesticides.
2. Reduces your cancer risk: According to the research reports of US Environmental Protection Agency, 90% of fungicides, 60% of herbicides and 30% of insecticides contain cancer causing elements. Use of these carcinogenic pesticides is one of the major reasons of rapidly increasing number of cancer patients.
3. Good for soil health: Organic farming has been practiced for around thousands of years and is definitely a sustainable choice for future. It reduces soil erosion, increases soil fertility and uses less energy as well. Use of pesticides, fungicides and fertilizers has caused heavy damage to the soil.
4. Environment friendly: Organic farming is a pollution reducing activity and also conserves water to a great extent. The modern day agricultural practices are destructive. Farming without the use of pesticides would be a great relief for birds, animals and the people living nearby the farms
5. Safer for farm workers: Organic farmers are able to work on farms without incurring the health risk of Parkinson’s or any other life threatening illness. According to a research report by Harvard School of Public Health, a 70% increase in health issues was found in the farmers who were exposed to pesticides.
6. No GMOs: Research shows that 18% of all the genetically modified seeds may continue producing pesticides inside your body. These seeds function as pesticide factories as they produce pesticides even after you’ve eaten the food grown from them.
This is high time for us to switch to organic farming and consuming organic food. It will not only keep us away from several diseases but also contribute to the wellness of environment and farming.
Comments are closed